Monday, September 22, 2008

Teaspoon or Tablespoon

Tim made dinner last night.
Actually he made it all day in the slow cooker.
He wanted to do Korean Ribs, something we all enjoy,
even "Miss Picky", Kelsey.
They are a fantastic Asian style rib with a great sauce that we put over rice.
They're a little spicy, not much, just a bit of kick.

My first clue that something was a little different was when I snitched a tiny piece of meat from the edge of the platter and my tongue was immediately on fire. I stood up and paused, and thought, "Wow, I must have gotten one of the crushed red peppers... whew!!"

Well, we all sat down to dinner, we all got ourselves served. I took my first bit of meat, wow, another hot piece. Kelsey says, "Is it hotter than usual, or is it just me?" Mind you, she hasn't been able to taste anything for 3 days because she has a bad cold. I told her it seems a bit more spicy, but it wasn't bad.

Tim just kept eating, proud of his creation...

Then I tried my sauce covered rice....

The heat took my breath away!!! And I actually took another bite.... with tears in my eyes, I took another bite. Trying to ignore the pain, as to not hurt Tim's feelings, I even took another bite. Ok, at this point, the inside of my lips were on fire, I could no longer feel my tongue, my throat was burning, my eyes were burning and my nose was running. Tim still just kept right on eating, and I noticed Kelsey was only eating plain rice.

I asked how much crushed red pepper he put in.
He said he double the sauce recipe and put in 3 tablespoons.
3 TABLESPOONS?????
I said, "You mean teaspoons?" He said "No, all the measurements were tablespoons."
No way.
I went to check the recipe... it called for 1/2 teaspoon.
1/2 TEASPOON!

OMG, no wonder we were on fire!

Even doubled it should have been 1 teaspoon.
That makes for a 8 teaspoon overdose on the heat.

He has no clue were he got the idea that 3 tablespoons was good. LOL
Next time, he'll wear is glasses. :o)

3 comments:

Another Mom on the Internet said...

LOL! I would have been drink milk straight from the carton!

Thanks for the laugh this morning!

Cathy said...

Thanks for the giggles this morning.... Not at you of course!! Tim!!! Goodness I bet that was HOT!

Kerri said...

LOL!!!!! OH MAN That's Funny!!!!