Monday, September 15, 2008

My Weekend

My weekend started out great with the football game Friday night. Our team lost, but the show put on by the visiting University of Wisconsin Badger State Band was unbelievable. The performed 3 times, including a 5th quarter show that lasted about 1/2 with everyone in the stands dancing and singing. It was so exciting. Makes me want to start going to the Badger games just to see the band. All through the game, small groups from the band would walk through the stands and perform.



Saturday we went to the Fall Maple Fest in Marshfield, it was misting and raining most of the day. We bought a few little things, but it was too yucky out to enjoy ourselves, so we just went shopping. Kelsey was supposed to do something with her best friend when we got back into town, but her friend made plans with out girls instead, totally ignoring Kelsey. This has been happening so much lately with this girl. Kelsey cried all the way home and on and off all night. Every time her friend would call, she would just ignore it. I said maybe she was calling to ask her to do something. Kelsey wasn't having it. She said "if she's asking now, it's out of pity".She didn't want her to invite her because she felt bad, she want her to ask because they're best friends. The joys of 13 year old girls. I remember the days. But it broke my heart to see her so upset, knowing there was nothing I could do to help.

And Sunday, I was sick. So, so, sick. It started with a headache in the morning and progressed to vomiting all day. I never left my bed. At about 7pm, Tim decide I needed fluids and hooked me up to IV (he's a paramedic). That sucker hurt, he tried 3 times to hit a vein, but because I was so dehydrated it was hard to get into one. But it seemed to help a bit. I was able to eat a piece of toast and 1/2 of a scrambled egg.

Now today I feel better, just a slight headache. I'm still going to work.

Kelsey has her first volleyball game tonight. I wish I could just stay home and relax. She said I don't have to come, that she wouldn't even know if I was there anyway. But I'm going. How could I miss that? She got her uniform on Friday, she's number 1. But I didn't need to see the shirt to know that. :)

6 comments:

Kerri said...

What a full weekend you had! I'm sorry you got sick. :(
Poor Kelsey. Teenagers can be so harsh. I hope things can be worked out and the eyes of this girl open up.
I hope you have a good day today and the rest of this sickness leaves so you can enjoy the game!
Go Kelsey!!

Thank you for the sweet comment you left me! ((hugs))

Kerri said...

Thank you! We are having a cake with friends tonight. She picked spaghetti and meatballs for her bday dinner. lol.
This weekend we are taking her shopping at her favorite store, to the zoo, and then chucky cheeses for dinner.

Katy said...

Thanks so much for your comment Kristine! You are so thoughtful!

I am so so sorry you were so sick!!! I am glad you are doing better today..but I know it is hard to fully get your energy back!

I am so sorry that Kelsey went through that with friends. That is so hurtful!!!! :(
I hope she has a really good first volleyball game!!! :)

xoxo
Katy

Cathy said...

Friday night sounds like a blast! I haven ever actually been to a football game! How fun!

Poor Kelsey!! Those years are one thing I don't miss! Hoping she wins her game!!!

Im glad you are feeling some better! Maybe you can squeeze some rest in somewhere today!

Another Mom on the Internet said...

Hope your feeling 100% soon!!

Jay said...

the picture from the football game looks fantastic, looks like so much fun

Jay