Thursday, September 11, 2008

Getting Ready For The Game

Are you ready for some football???
I am!

Tomorrow night we're going to the High School Football game. Our Lincoln High School plays against rival Stevens Point Area Senior High. We even bought advanced tickets for this one.
Tomorrow night there's added excitement to the game night, the 350-member University of Wisconsin Marching Band will perform during the game and halftime, as well as the band's famed "fifth quarter" postgame event. I can't wait to see the perform!!!

The gates open at 4pm and the game starts at 7pm, but we will be there at 4.
They sold advance tickets and the place is going to be packed. We can stake out some good seats can watch them practice too.

We're getting all geared up. I work for the school district, so I've got my free pass ready to go. We've got our stadium seats out. Our red Lincoln sweatshirts, jackets, gloves and hats. Our spirit beads, noise makers and face tattoos. Well, Kelsey wears the tatoos, not me.
Got cash out of the bank for concessions, since that's where we're having dinner.
Burgers and nachos, yum.

I love going to the games, but honestly, I hardly watch the football. LOL
I'm usually talking to someone I know, or kids that I used to have in school come give me hugs and chit chat. It's more than just a game for me, it's a social event.

7 comments:

Jay said...

Is Kelsey cheering?

I'm loving your blog by the way!!

Jay

Kerri said...

I love going to our local football games to see everyone and have some good laughs! It's nice to just relax, yell for fun, and be around people!!
I hope you have a wonderful time!!

Katy said...

I hope you have a fantastic time Kristine!!!!! xoxo

Kristine said...

Kelsey's not cheering. She actually quit. They told her (and me) that she would be able to do other sports too. Then the week before school started they changed their minds, so she dropped it. She's put in too many years of volleyball, basketball and softball to give those up.

...And thanks about my blog. I borrowed the site Kerri uses for the background.

Is there a way to reply to comments, or is this it?

Lisa said...

cool were in homecoming this week but i dont go lol actully i dont think ive ever went to a football game lol have tons of fun though

Kerri said...

Im thinking this is the only way to comment back. I was wondering the same thing!

Kristine said...

I think you're probably right, I don't see another way.
Thanks Kerri.