Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Bobby Pins and Vacuums

Bobby pins and vacuum cleans don't mix.
I just spent a very irritated hour trying to figure out why my vacuum wouldn't suck.
I took off all the filters, tried it, still wouldn't suck.
Took the bottom off, cut all the hair and string off from around the brushes (nasty),
still didn't suck.
Stuck a wire coat hanger into the tube, still not.

Took apart the flexible hose for attachments, Ah ha!!! It was plugged.
Couldn't blow it out, hanger not long enough to stick through it.
Searched around, found a curtain rod, shoved that through,
it got hung up on what I thought was a linty hair ball, nope...
out through the side of the hose, pops a bobby pin. Damn it!

Kelsey leaves that kind of stuff all over.
It took me forever to work the pin out and unplug it.
Now there's a hole in it, that I can't find again.
She's the reason our last vacuum was broke.
I sucked up some stones that were under her bed that I didn't see.
They broke the fins on the motor.

Yeah, the ding-a-ling used to just pick up stones and rocks and bring them home.
I can't tell you how many stones I found in my washing machine when she was younger.

2 comments:

Patty said...

I can imagine your frustration. I once vacuumed up a barbie sized washing machine. I have no idea how that happened. Honestly I think one of the kids did it playing with the vacuum.

Kristine said...

It's amazing what we suck up.
Stones, pennies, Barbie shoes, earrings, bobby pins...
I almost sucked a shoe into the vacuum once when I got to close to the lace. LOL