Monday, March 23, 2009

The Slap...

We have a full length mirror on our bathroom door facing into the hallway.
I was in the middle of saying, "I wish we had a full length mirror in the
bathroom so I can see my fat butt..." and my daughter slapped me really hard
on the arm and said every time she hears me say I'm fat,
or put myself down she's gonna smack me.

I was in shock, kinda mad, kinda laughing, very surprised!
I told her she can't slap me like that all the time, she said I can't put myself
down all the time because it hurts her knowing I'm upset.

I guess maybe I do need a good smack.

4 comments:

Miranda said...

Indeed you do ;)

Seriously..I myself watch what I say about my own body image and others because I don't want Katelin repeating any of it.

Furious Mom said...

Hey you have lost lots of weight...no more talking about fat butts. :)

Kerri said...

WTG Kelsey!!! She's right Mom! Don't put yourself down. You've come so far and you should always be facing the brighter side of life!!

Jay said...

It is really hard if you are so ingrained in putting yourself down to even start thinking about changing it, maybe if she did slap you it would wake you up to how often you did it.

I am of the opinion that the first step to believing something new is pretending you do!! Pretend you love yourself and maybe one day you will!!