Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Freen

That means "friend" in Doric.
And I know that because my friend Jay, from all the way over in Scotland
sent me a Doric dictionary.
It is the language of North East of Scotland where she grew up and still lives.
She also sent a book about the MacIntyre Clan, The Origins Of The Clan MacIntyre.

I got home from work yesterday and check the mail and found a brown paper
wrapped package. It had a shipping label like I have never seen. Of course, I've never received mail from overseas before. I flipped it over and seen her name.
Yay!!! I was "kittelt up" (excited).
I barely made it through the door before I started to open it.

If you're reading this Jay, I just have to say thank you again.
You are the sweetest person!!!
I'm so glad that we are friends.

5 comments:

Kerri said...

That's so sweet!!!!

Kristine said...

I know, I was so flattered that she thought of me.

Miranda said...

Awesome!!

Furious Mom said...

That is awesome Kristine! I love getting packages its way better then getting bills!

Jay said...

glad to be of service ;-)

I am really glad you liked it!!